March On, Bahamaland
'"March On, Bahamaland" is a song. It is the national anthem of the Bahamas. Timothy Gibson wrote the music and words. This song was adopted as the national anthem in 1973. That was when the country became a separate country from the United Kingdom. Before that, the anthem was "God Save the Queen", retained as the royal anthem.
Lyrics[change | change source]
- Lift up your head to the rising sun, Bahama Land!
- March on to glory, your bright banners waving high.
- See how the world marks the manner of your bearing!
- Pledge to excel through love and unity.
- Pressing onward, march together
- To a common loftier goal;
- Steady sunward, though the weather
- Hide the wide and treacherous shoal.
- Lift up your head to the rising sun, Bahama Land;
- Till the road you have lead unto your God...
- March on, Bahamaland!