Mark Hollis (musician)
|Birth name||Mark David Hollis|
|Born||4 January 1955|
Tottenham, London, England
|Died||25 February 2019 (aged 64)|
Wimbledon, London, England
|Genres||New wave, synthpop, art rock, post-rock, folk, jazz, ambient|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano|
|Years active||1977–1998, 2012|
|Associated acts||Talk Talk, Unkle, Anja Garbarek|
Mark David Hollis (4 January 1955 – 25 February 2019) was an English musician and singer-songwriter. He was known as the co-founder, lead singer and main songwriter of the synthpop/post-rock band Talk Talk. His 1998 debut solo album was his best known work. Hollis had largely retired from the recording industry in the late 1990s.
References[change | change source]
- Marsh, Roberts & Benjamin 2015, p. 31.
- "A record that floors me each time." Parkes, Jason A. (12 May 2007). "Rev. of Mark Hollis, Mark Hollis". Julian Cope Presents Head Heritage. Retrieved 27 June 2009.
- Very sorry to hear the news that #MarkHollis of #TalkTalk has died. He was behind some of the finest albums of the 1980s / early 1990s. R.I.P.
- Savage, Mark (26 February 2019). "Talk Talk star Mark Hollis dies at 64". Retrieved 26 February 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Within Without – Talk Talk and Mark Hollis fan site with articles, interviews and other content (via the Internet Archive)