Maryam Amid-Semnani (Persian: مریم عمید سمنانی) was an Iranian intellectual and journalist active during the early 20th century. In Iran, she is remembered for founding Shokufeh, an influential women's magazine. She also established the Iranian Women's Society, which reportedly had 5,000 members at the peak of its popularity.
References[change | change source]
- BBC News (2018) Women and their achievements feature on billboards in Iran. BBC News, 13 October. Available at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-43386877 [Accessed 19 April 2020].
- "Women in the Middle East: Past and Present". Princeton University (Accessed 19 April 2020).
- فرهنگ قومس؛ فصلنامه پژوهشی، فرهنگی، هنری استان سمنان، شماره ۳۷ و ۳۸ بهار و تابستان ۱۳۸۶/Ghomis Culture, The quarterly research of cultural and artistic in Semnan Province, numbers 37–38, spring and summer 2007.
- روزنامه سرمایه، شماره ۲۵۷ (۲ شهریور ۱۳۸۵)- Sarmayeh Newspaper, number 257, (24 August 2006).
- /Journalist women under the shadow of constitutionalism[permanent dead link]
Other websites[change | change source]