|Alma mater||University of Tokyo|
|Known for||DE-Sinc method|
GBi-CGSTAB method (A method to solve a system of linear equations)
Numerical linear algebra
|Institutions||University of Tokyo|
Masaaki Sugihara (1954-2019) is a Japanese researcher of numerical analysis and former professor at the University of Tokyo. He is known for his studies about numerical linear algebra, numerical integration and approximation. He also had several joint studies with Masatake Mori.
References[change | change source]
- M. Sugihara, Near optimality of the Sinc approximation, Math. Comp., 72 (2003), 767–786.
- Tanio, M., & Sugihara, M. (2010). GBi-CGSTAB (s, L): IDR (s) with higher-order stabilization polynomials. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 235(3), 765-784.
- Sugihara, M., & Murota, K. (1982). A note on Haselgrove’s method for numerical integration. Mathematics of Computation, 39(160), 549-554.
- Sugihara, M. (1987). Method of good matrices for multi-dimensional numerical integrations—An extension of the method of good lattice points. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 17(1-2), 197-213.
- Sugihara, M. (1997). Optimality of the double exponential formula–functional analysis approach–. Numerische Mathematik, 75(3), 379-395.
- Mori, M., & Sugihara, M. (2001). The double-exponential transformation in numerical analysis. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 127(1-2), 287-296.
- Muhammad, M., Nurmuhammad, A., Mori, M., & Sugihara, M. (2005). Numerical solution of integral equations by means of the Sinc collocation method based on the double exponential transformation. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 177(2), 269-286.
- Tanaka, K. I., Sugihara, M., Murota, K., & Mori, M. (2009). Function classes for double exponential integration formulas. Numerische Mathematik, 111(4), 631-655.
- Nurmuhammad, A., Muhammad, M., Mori, M., & Sugihara, M. (2005). Double exponential transformation in the Sinc-collocation method for a boundary value problem with fourth-order ordinary differential equation. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 182(1), 32-50.