Microsoft 4Afrika is a market development engine in Africa started by Microsoft to create technology for the world by using talent of Africans. Microsoft 4Afrika invests in World-class skills, Access and Innovation.  It was launched in February 2013. Microsoft launched 4Afrika Initiative in Rwanda on 3 April 2013.
This project of 75 million USD aims to increase internet accessibility via smart devices, educate the African web developers and promote new Africentric technologies. Since 2013, 4Afrika is investing on the entrepreneurs, youth, small businesses, governments and markets. Microsoft partnered with Kenya's Ministry of Information and Communication and Indigo Telecom to reach underserved communities via solar-powered base stations. University of the People has a partnership with Microsoft 4Afrika to offer scholarships to study towards an associate’s degree in University. 4Afrika helps developers create and monetise their applications, and gain experience working with senior software developers in a number of programmes. It provides internships for the youth and education youth. Microsoft 4Afrika with Wollo University and Tulane University – Center for Global Health Equity (CGHE) launched AppFactory Academy in Ethiopia for Wollo University IT graduates, and related computing discipline graduates.
Microsoft 4Afrika camps in the following African countries:
Microsoft 4Afrika signed partnership with Tony Elumelu Foundation to provide tools, resources and mentorship to entrepreneurs enrolled in entrepreneurship programme of foundation.
References[change | change source]
- "Why Have We Launched The 4Afrika Initiative: Interview with Fernando de Sousa, General Manager of Microsoft Africa Initiatives | Silicon Africa". siliconafrica.com. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Microsoft 4Afrika initiative - Devex Impact | Devex". www.devex.com. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Skills, Innovation and Access: Microsoft 4Afrika". Channel 9. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Microsoft 4Afrika Initiative". Africa Recruitment. 2013-05-13. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "LAUNCH OF MICROSOFT4AFRIKA INITIATIVE IN RWANDA".
- Knutsen, Elise. "Microsoft's 4Afrika Initiative is Good Business". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Microsoft 4Afrika's online hub for SMEs launches in Kenya – Ventureburn". Ventureburn. 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "UoPeople & Microsoft 4Afrika - UoPeople". UoPeople. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Microsoft - 4Afrika". Microsoft - 4Afrika. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "The Microsoft 4Afrika Internship Program - HeySuccess". www.heysuccess.com. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Microsoft 4Afrika Internship Program – Applications now open for June 2016 Intake! | AfricaTalentbank.com". africatalentbank.com. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Microsoft 4Afrika Paid Internships for Young African Graduates 2018". After School Africa. 2017-09-19. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Microsoft 4Afrika launches an AppFactory Academy in Ethiopia. - TechMoran". TechMoran. 2017-05-29. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Microsoft 4Afrika Partners Tony Elumelu Foundation - The Spirited Hub". The Spirited Hub. 2017-09-12. Retrieved 2017-11-02.