Microsoft Plus! is a discontinued commercial operating system improvement product by Microsoft. The last edition is the Plus! SuperPack, which includes a variety of screensavers, themes, and games, as well as multimedia applications. The Microsoft Plus! product was first announced on January 31, 1994 under the internal codename "Frosting". The first version was an upgrade for Windows 95, Windows 95 Plus!
The features that make up Microsoft Plus! were generally developed by Microsoft itself. The Plus! packs also included games and software from third-party companies; for example, in Plus! for Windows XP, the HyperBowl game developed by Hyper Entertainment Inc. was included. Plus! features that enhance the base operating system or provide utility are generally included free of charge in the next release of Windows.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official Microsoft Plus! Website. at the Wayback Machine (archived May 3, 2007)
- Download link for Microsoft Plus! for Kids![permanent dead link], Windows 95
- Microsoft Plus! for Modern Windows Archived 2009-04-16 at the Wayback Machine (Windows 98+)
References[change | change source]
- Thurrott, Paul (2007-01-17). "Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows: Windows Ultimate Extras Review". SuperSite for Windows. Archived from the original on 2007-04-15. Retrieved 2017-04-16.
- "Microsoft Plus!". Microsoft. Archived from the original on 2003-01-09. Retrieved 2011-07-31.