|Directed by||Paul Sarossy|
|Written by||Peter Waddington|
Neil Cross (novel)
|Produced by||Andreas Bajohra|
|Edited by||Eddie Hamilton|
|Music by||Jennie Muskett|
|Distributed by||Verve Pictures|
Mr In-Between (also called The Killing Kind) is a 2001 British crime drama film. It is based on the novel by English writer Neil Cross. It was directed by Paul Sarossy. The screenplay was written by Peter Waddington.
Plot summary[change | change source]
In 2002, hitman Jon lives alone. One day he meets an old friend called Andy. He starts an unneeded relationship. The truth comes out about what Jon does. This endangers the lives of those close to him. He must make a difficult decision. Should he save the woman he loves or kill her and the child.
Cast[change | change source]
|David Calder||Tattooed Man|
|Clive Russell||Mr. Michaelmas|
|Saeed Jaffrey||Mr. Basmati|
|Gina Yashere||Dancing Woman|
|Al Hunter Ashton||Fat Dave|
Reception[change | change source]
Derek Elley of Variety called it "unevenly acted and scripted". Jamie Russell of the BBC rated it 3/5 stars and called it "commendably ambitious, but only occasionally successful". Alan Morrison of Empire rated it 3/5 stars and wrote that the film becomes more pretentious as time goes on. Total Film rated it 2/5 stars and called it "intense, reflective yarn" that wallows in sadism. Time Out London called it bleak, stylistically bold, and occasionally pretentious. David Johnson of DVD Verdict called it "a refreshingly original take on the hitman-with-a-conscience gig." Glenn Erickson of DVD Talk called it "an overachieving straight-to-video feature" that treats its subject matter as more important than it is.
Awards[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Mr In-between". Time Out London. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Russell, Jamie (29 September 2003). "Mr In-Between". BBC. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Elley, Derek (21 November 2001). "Review: 'Mr In-Between'". Variety. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Morrison, Alan. "Mr In-Between". Empire. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Mr In-Between". Total Film. 3 October 2003. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Johnson, David (2 April 2004). "The Killing Kind". DVD Verdict. Archived from the original on 24 December 2013. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Erickson, Glenn (27 February 2004). "The Killing Kind". DVD Talk. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Hernandez, Eugene; Mitchell, Wendy (8 November 2002). "DAILY NEWS: European Film Award Nominees, Raindance Winners, and iW Buzz for the Week". Indiewire. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Bourton, Tom (9 January 2003). "Actor reprises Hopkins' Lionheart role". BBC News Online. Retrieved 23 December 2013.