Life and work[change | change source]
Mycle Schneider is a nuclear energy expert based in Paris who has been adviser to members of the European Parliament on energy issues for more than 20 years. From 1998 to 2003, Schneider advised on energy policy for the French environment minister's office and the Belgian minister for energy and sustainable development. Since 2000 he has been a consultant on nuclear issues to the German environment ministry. He has also provided energy consulting for the International Atomic Energy Agency.
Schneider is a member of the International Panel on Fissile Materials, and the nuclear non-proliferation group Independent Group of Scientific Experts (IGSE), which is based at Hamburg University. Since 2004 he has overseen the Environment and Energy Strategies lecture series for the Environmental and Energy Engineering Program at the French École des Mines in Nantes.
Award[change | change source]
Publications[change | change source]
Schneider writes many publications on the safety and economic trends of the nuclear industry. He is co-editor of the 2009 book International Perspectives on Energy Policy and the Role of Nuclear Power. His World Nuclear Industry Status Report 2009 was published by the German government. Schneider and Antony Froggatt wrote the Systems for Change report for the Heinrich Böll Foundation in 2010. Also in 2010, Schneider wrote a chapter in the book Nuclear Power’s Global Expansion: Weighing Its Costs and Risks. He has commented extensively on the implications of the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster.
Other pages[change | change source]
- Amory Lovins
- Christopher Flavin
- Energy conservation
- Renewable energy commercialization
- Joseph Romm
- Benjamin K. Sovacool
References[change | change source]
- Right Livelihood Award: 1997 – Mycle Schneider
- Nuclear Dead End Bangkok Post, 15 April 2010.
- Rob Linke (September 30th, 2009). "Radical refit proposal". Telegraph-Journal. Check date values in:
- International Panel on Fissile Materials – Members
- Project Participants - iGSE Members
- 2008 World nuclear industry status report: Global nuclear power
- The World Nuclear Industry Status Report 2007 p. 3.
- International Perspectives on Energy Policy and the Role of Nuclear Power
- Antony Froggatt with Mycle Schneider (2010). "Systems for Change: Nuclear Power vs. Energy Efficiency+Renewables?" (PDF). Heinrich Böll Foundation.
- Mycle Schneider (December 2010). "Nuclear Power Made in France – A Model?". Strategic Studies Institute – US Army War College. pp. 189–277.
- Mycle Schneider (23 March 2011). "Nuclear Cloud Comes With Aura of Arrogance". Bloomberg News.
- Mycle Schneider (March 15, 2011). "Fire in the spent fuel pool of Unit 4 at Fukushima-I". International Panel on Fissile Materials.