Narratology is the study of structure in narratives. The theory of narrative or narratology was developed in the 1960s. Narratology is based on the idea of a common literary language. Narratives are found and told through oral and written language. Narratology has helped to make it easier to understand the how and why of narrative.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ http://www.lhn.uni-hamburg.de/article/narratology Archived 2014-10-12 at the Wayback Machine section 3.3 French Structuralism: 1966–1980
- ↑ "Narratology - literary theory". Encyclopedia Britannica.
Other websites[change | change source]
- http://wikis.sub.uni-hamburg.de/lhn/index.php/Main_Page Archived 2015-01-04 at the Wayback Machine - The Living Handbook of Narratology
- http://www.units.miamioh.edu/technologyandhumanities/narratology.htm - Notes on Narratology
- http://www.nou-la.org/ling/1975a-theonarreme.pdf - THBORIE DES NARRGMES ET ALGORITHMES NARRATIFS