National Archives and Records Administration
National Archives logo
|Formed||June 19, 1934|
(Independent Agency April 1, 1985)
|Jurisdiction||U.S. Federal Government|
|Headquarters||National Archives Building|
700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, D.C., U.S.
|Annual budget||$391 million (FY 2012)|
The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is an agency of the United States government. They are responsible for preserving and documenting government and historical records. It is also in charge of making it easier for people to see those documents which make up the National Archive. NARA is officially responsible for maintaining and publishing the original copies of acts of Congress, presidential directives, and federal regulations. NARA also informs of votes of the Electoral College to Congress.
References[change | change source]
- "Archival Milestones". National Archives and Records Administration. Retrieved March 31, 2011.
- "U.S. National Archives and Records Administration Fiscal Year 2014–2018 Strategic Plan" (PDF). National Archives. March 2014. p. 18. Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- Fiscal Year 2014 Budget Request
- National Archives and Records Administration (November 6, 2008). "David Ferriero Confirmed by U.S. Senate as 10th Archivist of the United States". Press release. https://www.archives.gov/press/press-releases/2010/nr10-18.html. Retrieved November 10, 2009.
- "Meet our Senior Staff". archives.gov. National Archives and Records Administration. Retrieved August 23, 2011.
- Mengel, David (May 2007). "Access to United States Government Records at the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration" (PDF). Society of American Archivists.
- "Elections and the Electoral College". National Archives. 2017-03-15. Retrieved 2019-04-22.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official NARA−National Archives and Records Administration website
- Federal Register.gov: National Archives and Records Administration
- The National Archives Catalog—of the National Archives and Records Administration
- Outdoor sculptures at the National Archives Building
- Footnote.com: NARA
- FamilySearch.org: NARA−National Archives and Records Administration—research Wiki for genealogists
- National Archives and Records Administration's Our Archives wiki Archived 2019-12-11 at the Wayback Machine—information about NARA + its archived records
- "Things to Do in D.C.—National Archives and Library of Congress"—Roaminghistorian.com on visiting the National Archives