Neil Simon (born July 4, 1927) is an American playwright and screenwriter. He has written over thirty plays and nearly the same number of movie screenplays, most adapted from his plays. He has received more Oscar and Tony nominations than any other writer.
Simon was born on July 4, 1927 in The Bronx, New York City to a Jewish family. He studied at New York University and at University of Denver. Simon was married five times. The first four ended in divorce. He is currently married to Elaine Joyce since 1999. Simon has two children and one adopted child.
References[change | change source]
- "About Neil Simon", "American Masters", PBS, Nov. 3, 2000.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Neil Simon|
- Neil Simon on IMDb
- Neil Simon at the Internet Broadway Database
- video: "Neil Simon's Broadway", 6 minutes
- Neil Simon Theatre Festival
- PBS article, American Masters
- James Lipton (Winter 1992). "Neil Simon, The Art of Theater No. 10". The Paris Review. http://www.theparisreview.org/interviews/1994/the-art-of-theater-no-10-neil-simon.