Nicolas Kim Coppola
January 7, 1964
|Education||Beverly Hills High School|
|Alma mater||UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television|
Nicolas Kim Coppola (born January 7, 1964), known professionally as Nicolas Cage, is an American actor, producer and director. He was born in Long Beach, California. He has starred in many movies, including: Peggy Sue Got Married (1986), Moonstruck 1987 movie, Kiss of Death (1995), Face/Off (1997), The Wicker Man, Ghost Rider (2007), Knowing (2009) and Kick-Ass (2010). Cage won an Academy Award for the Best Actor in the movie Leaving Las Vegas (1995). He is the nephew of Francis Ford Coppola.
Early life[change | change source]
He was born on January 7, 1964, in Long Beach, California. His parents were August Floyd Coppola, a professor of literature, and Joy (nee Vogelsang), a dancer and choreographer. He was raised in a Catholic family.
References[change | change source]
- "Nicolas Cage – Biography". Tiscali.co.uk. Archived from the original on January 4, 2010. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- Nicolas Cage – Encyclopædia Britannica Online, 18.12.2010.
- Riggs, Thomas (2000). Contemporary Theatre, Film and Television. Gale / Cengage Learning. ISBN 978-0-7876-4636-3.
- Naden, Corinne J.; Blue, Rose (2003). Nicolas Cage. Lucent Books. ISBN 978-1-59018-136-2.
- "Nicholas Cage is back with digit-al thriller 'Knowing'". New York: Daily News. Archived from the original on 2012-07-30. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- "This much I know: Karen Koster". Irish Examiner. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
Other websites[change | change source]