|Presented by||JP/INT Yoshiaki Koizumi|
NA Reggie Fils-Aime
EU Satoru Shibata
KOR Hiroyuki Fukuda
|Country of origin||Japan|
|Running time||5-50 minutes|
|Original network||Ustream, Youtube|
|Original release||October 21, 2011 –|
Nintendo Direct is an online presentation produced by Nintendo. It is used to give information about upcoming Nintendo content and products such as video games and consoles. It is hosted by different people depending on the country where it airs. In Japan, it was hosted by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata but ever since he died in July 2015, It has been hosted by Yoshiaki Koizumi. In North America, it is hosted by Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime. In Europe, it is hosted by Nintendo of Europe president Satoru Shibata. It began in Japan on October 21, 2011. It started to air in other countries later on. There are five different types of Nintendo Direct presentations:
- Nintendo Direct: A 30-50 minute presentation about all different types of Nintendo products. They take place every two months.
- Wii U Direct: A 30-50 minute presentation about the Wii U.
- Nintendo 3DS Direct: A 30-50 minute presentation about the Nintendo 3DS.
- Nintendo Direct Mini: A 5-10 minute presentation about all different types of Nintendo products.
- Special Nintendo Direct editions: A 30-50 minute presentation about a specific Nintendo or third-party (not directly tied to Nintendo) franchise.
References[change | change source]
- "会社情報：Nintendo Direct リンク集". Nintendo.co.jp. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "Satoru Iwata Prepares To Host Another Nintendo Direct This Week". N-Europe. 2012-08-28. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "Reggie Fils-Aime will host Nintendo Direct conference later today | Nintendo news | 3DS". Pocket Gamer. 2012-10-25. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "European Nintendo Direct conference to be held Thursday, September 13". VG247. 2012-09-11. Retrieved 2013-01-19.