|Town of Onoway|
|Nickname(s): Hub of the Highways|
|Municipal district||Lac Ste. Anne County|
June 25, 1923
|- Town||September 1, 2005|
|• Mayor||Dale Krasnow|
|• Governing body||Onoway Town Council|
|• Total||3.34 km2 (1.29 sq mi)|
|• Density||311.5/km2 (807/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|Postal code span||T0E 1V0|
|Waterway||Lac Ste. Anne
The Canadian National Railway tracks run through the town, which is east of Lac Ste. Anne and south of the Sturgeon River. Onoway built and opened a new elementary school, but the fate of the existing school has not yet been confirmed. Every June, Onoway has a fair weekend, called "Heritage Days".
Demographics[change | change source]
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Onoway had a population of 1,039. This was a 18.7% increase from its 2006 population of 875. About 375 of its 403 total houses were occupied. In the 2010 municipal census, there was a population of 1,021.
According to the 2001 census:
- Population: 847 (788 in 1996); 1,036 (2005)
- Land area: 3.34 km²
- Median family income: $37,039
- Average value of private dwelling: $89,847
References[change | change source]
- Alberta Municipal Affairs. "Onoway Municipal Profile". http://www.municipalaffairs.gov.ab.ca/cfml/MunicipalProfiles/index.cfm?fuseaction=BasicReport&MunicipalityType=TOWN&stakeholder=240&profileType=HIST. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Municipal Officials Search". Alberta Municipal Affairs. May 24, 2013. http://www.municipalaffairs.alberta.ca/mc_municipal_officials_search.cfm. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2011/dp-pd/hlt-fst/pd-pl/Table-Tableau.cfm?LANG=Eng&T=302&SR=1&S=51&O=A&RPP=9999&PR=48&CMA=0. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "2010 Official Population List". Alberta Municipal Affairs. 2010-09-15. http://www.municipalaffairs.alberta.ca/documents/msb/2010pop.pdf. Retrieved 2011-01-19.
- Statistics Canada (Census 2006). "Onoway - Community Profile". http://www12.statcan.ca/english/census06/data/profiles/community/Details/Page.cfm?Lang=E&Geo1=CSD&Code1=4813014&Geo2=PR&Code2=48&Data=Count&SearchText=Onoway&SearchType=Begins&SearchPR=01&B1=All&GeoLevel=&GeoCode=4813014. Retrieved 2007-06-12.