The city got it's name from ogmok. It is an old Visayan term for lowland.
References[change | change source]
- :| DILG : LGUs >> Cities |:
- NSCB - Active Stats - PSGC Interactive - Province: LEYTE
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. http://www.census.gov.ph/sites/default/files/attachments/hsd/pressrelease/Eastern%20Visayas.pdf. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- Ormoc rises from flash flood tragedy - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos
- Taiwanese foundation gives P17-M aid to typhoon victims in Ormoc | Sun.Star
- BusinessMirror - Ormoc City to get 20 e-tricycles from Sagip Kapamilya foundation
- NPA rebels ambush soldiers in Ormoc City | ABS-CBN News