Patrick Sercu (27 June 1944 – 19 April 2019) was a Belgian cyclist. He was active on the road and track between 1961 and 1983. On track, he won the gold medal in the 1 km time trial at the 1964 Summer Olympics. He won three world titles in the sprint, in 1963, 1967 and 1969. On the road, he earned the green jersey at the 1974 Tour de France. He holds the record for the number of six-day track race wins. He won 88 events out of 223 starts between 1961 and 1983. He also won six stages at the Tour de France and eleven stages at the Giro d'Italia.
References[change | change source]
- Fife, Graeme (12 February 2019). "Patrick Sercu: The Phenomenon". Rouleur. Archived from the original on 19 April 2019. Retrieved 19 April 2019.
- "Zesdaagsekoning en olympisch kampioen Patrick Sercu overleden" (in Dutch). Sporza. 19 April 2019. Retrieved 19 April 2019.
- "Olympisch wielerkampioen Sercu (74) overleden". De Telegraaf (in Dutch). 19 April 2019. Retrieved 19 April 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Patrick Sercu.|
- Patrick Sercu Archived 2018-03-27 at the Wayback Machine at Sports-Reference.com
- Patrick Sercu at ProCyclingStats.com