Paul Edward Winfield (May 22, 1939 – March 7, 2004) was an American television, movie, voice, and stage actor who is known for his roles in The Terminator, Sounder, Presumed Innocent, Damnation Alley, and in White Dog. He has won an Emmy Award in 1995.
Winfield was born on May 22, 1939 in Los Angeles, California. He studied at the Manual Arts High School,at Los Angeles City College, at University of Portland, at Stanford University, and at the University of California at Los Angeles. Winfield was openly gay. He was partners with Charles Gillan, Jr. from 1972 until his death in 2002. Winfield died on March 7, 2004 after having a heart attack, a complication from his diabetes in Los Angeles, California, aged 64.
References[change | change source]
- "Paul Winfield Biography". filmreference. 2008. Retrieved 2007-06-23. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Linda Rapp (2005). "Winfield, Paul". glbtq encyclopedia. Archived from the original on 2007-02-05. Retrieved 2007-01-28. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- King, Susan (2004-03-09). "Oscar-nominated actor Paul Winfield dies". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2009-06-16. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paul Winfield.|
- Paul Winfield at the Internet Broadway Database
- Paul Winfield on IMDb
- Paul Winfield at AllMovie
- Paul Winfield and Charles Gillan, Jr. at Find a Grave