Peter Leo Gerety
Peter Leo Gerety (July 19, 1912 – September 20, 2016) was an American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church. He was Archbishop of Newark from 1974 to 1986, having previously served as Bishop of Portland (1969–74). At age 104, he was the oldest living Catholic bishop in the United States and the oldest living Catholic archbishop in the world until his death in 2016.
References[change | change source]
- "Archbishop Peter Leo Gerety". Catholic-Hierarchy.org.
- Miele, Ward (2009-06-10). "Archbishop Gerety Marks Seven Decades in Priesthood". The Catholic Advocate.
- "Oldest Bishops". Catholic-Hierarchy.org. Retrieved 2/4/2014. Check date values in:
- Cite error: The named reference
njwas used but no text was provided for refs named (see the help page).
- "World's Oldest Catholic Bishop Dies Age 104". Yahoo.com. Reuters. September 21, 2016. Retrieved September 24, 2016.