Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are different ideas of freedom. In terms of poltics, there are large movements:
- Liberalism thinks that the freedom of each person is important. Things such as human rights, or a number of freedoms guaranteed by a constitution are achievements of liberal thinkers.
- Anarchism is against all forms of government. Anarchists think there should be no government.
- Conservatism thinks that the current institutions and organisation are a result of culture. It thinks that the concepts that are there are not bad, and that new structures and ideas should build on them.
- Socialism and Communism think that the working class has been exploited. According to Karl Marx perosnal liberty has been exchanged for the exchange of goods and services.
- Nationalism tries to put the own people first. One's own people should have the right to not be oppressed.
- In Totalitarianism, there's one leader (or a very small group of people) who determines what is good for the people.