Pornography addiction means someone is addicted to viewing porn. This addiction can be compulsive. Porn viewing is usually viewed as a problem if it interferes with someone's financial or social life. Some people with porn addiction say they suffer from social isolation or depression. There are also some celebrities who have porn addiction. Some celebrities with porn addiction have said that the porn addiction affected their marriage. For some celebrities, porn addiction was the main cause of their divorce.
Some analysts say that porn addiction is caused by the difficult of dating for example men outnumbering female on dating sites and fake female bot dating profiles. Some analysts say porn addiction in men is caused by the 80/20 rule wherein women are only attracted o the top 20% of men. The 80/20 rule was discovered in many dating site statistics.
References[change | change source]
- Peters, Josh. "The Problem of Porn." (2015).
- Bitette, Nicole (August 23, 2016). "Chris Rock, Malaak Compton finalize divorce after 20 years of marriage". New York Daily News. Retrieved November 13, 2016.
- ABC News (2016-02-25). "Terry Crews Says Porn Addiction Nearly Ruined His Life". ABC News.
- Brandon Griggs, CNN (February 24, 2016). "Terry Crews: Porn addiction 'messed up my life'". CNN.
- Albury, Kath, et al. "Data cultures of mobile dating and hook-up apps: Emerging issues for critical social science research." Big Data & Society 4.2 (2017): 2053951717720950.