Primo Levi (31 July 1919 – 11 April 1987) was an Italian Jewish chemist and writer. He was the author of two novels and many short stories, poems and essays. His best-known book is If This Is a Man, a true story about his time as a prisoner in the Auschwitz concentration camp during World War II.
Levi was an atheist and born in Turin.
Partial bibliography[change | change source]
- Se questo è un uomo (If This Is a Man, 1947 and 1958)
- La tregua (The Truce, 1963)
- Il sistema periodico (The Periodic Table, 1975)
- La chiave a stella (The Wrench, 1978)
- La ricerca delle radici (The Search for Roots: A Personal Anthology, 1981)
- Se non ora, quando? (If Not Now, When?, 1984)
- L'altrui mestiere (Other People's Trades, 1985)
- I sommersi e i salvati (The Drowned and the Saved, 1986)