Prince of Conti
The title of Prince of Conti was an old title at the old French court. The prince held the prestigious rank of Prince of the blood at the court and was also entitled to the style of Serene Highness. The eldest son of the prince usually used the title of Prince of La Roche-sur-Yon and at other times used the title Count of La Marche
Marquess and Princes of Conti[change | change source]
- 1558-1614: marquis, from 1581 onwards 1st prince François, Prince of Conti.
At his death, the title was not passed on, because of the lack of direct descendants. The title was bestowed in 1629 upon:
- 1629-1666 : 2nd prince Armand
- 1666-1685 : 3rd prince Louis Armand
- 1685-1709 : 4th prince François Louis called Le Grand Conti.
- 1709-1727 : 5th prince Louis Armand
- 1727-1776 : 6th prince Louis François
- 1776-1814 : 7th prince Louis François Joseph, Prince of Conti
At his death, the title was not passed on, because of the lack of legitimate descendants.