Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: proxy.|
Proxy has different meanings when talking about different subjects:
- In computing, a proxy server is a server which clients use to access other computers.
- A proxy marriage is when two people are getting married separately, but are getting married to one another.
- A proxy murder is when a person murders on behalf of someone else.
- A proxy vote is when a person votes on behalf of someone else, usually occurring in public and private companies requiring votes for decisions.
- A web proxy is a server that fetches web pages for a user. Web proxies often hide your browser history and can bypass local internet restrictions.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.