Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: proxy.|
Proxy has different meanings when talking about different subjects:
- In computing, a proxy server is a server which clients use to access other computers.
- A proxy marriage is when two people are getting married separately, but are getting married to one another.
- A proxy murder is when a person murders on behalf of someone else.
- A proxy vote is when a person votes on behalf of someone else, usually occurring in public and private companies requiring votes for decisions.
- A web proxy is a server that fetches web pages for a user. Web proxies often hide your browser history and can bypass local internet restrictions.
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Proxy.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.