From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Race has many meanings in English. It can mean:
- To go very fast – he raced to the store
- A competition between people - the race for the US presidency
- Racing, a competition about speed – the Tour de France is an important bicycle race
- Race (biology), a group smaller than a species. Members of different races can have sex and make babies, but they are separate (usually because they live in different places) - a large race of birds lives on this island
- Race (sociology), of the human species based on physical characteristics that are passed on to succeeding generations.
- The human race means all people - the human race is destroying the environment
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.