Jump to navigation Jump to search
Race has many meanings in English. It can mean:
- To go very fast – he raced to the store
- A competition between people - the race for the US presidency
- Racing, a competition about speed – the Tour de France is an important bicycle race
- Race (biology), a group smaller than a species. Members of different races can have sex and make babies, but they are separate (usually because they live in different places) - a large race of birds lives on this island
- Race (sociology), subdivision of the human species based on distinguishing physical characteristics that are passed on to succeeding generations.
- Race (anthropology) groups humans are often divided into based on physical traits often common among shared ancestry.
- The human race means all people - the human race is destroying the environment
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Race.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.