|Full name||Radosław Wojtaszek|
|Born||January 13, 1987|
|FIDE rating||2706 (January 2012)|
|Peak rating||2726 (November 2010)|
Radosław Wojtaszek (born 13 January 1987 in Elbląg, Poland) is a Polish chess Grandmaster. In 2004 he won the European Youth Chess Championship (U-18), the World Youth Chess Championships (U-18) and the Cracovia Open with 7.5/9.
Wojtaszek won the Polish Chess Championship in 2005. In 2006 he played for the Polish team at the Chess Olympiad played in Turin scoring 9 points out of 11 games. In 2008 Wojtaszek was one of world champion Anand's official seconds for the match with Kramnik. In December 2008 Wojtaszek became the European rapid chess champion.
In 2009 Wojtaszek finished second in the Polish championship, shared second at the international tournament in Lublin and won the Najdorf memorial played in Warsaw. In 2009/10 he tied for 1st–5th at the 39th Rilton Cup in Stockholm. In January 2010 Wojtaszek finished again second in Polish championship.
In 2010 Wojtaszek was again one of world champion Anand official seconds for the match with Topalov. Wojtaszek won the 5th International Tournament of Polonia Wrocław played between the end of June and beginning of July 2010. At the San Juan International tournament in Pamplona he scored 6.5 points out of 9 games winning the tournament.
At the Chess Olympiad in Khanty Mansiysk, Wojtaszek played on the first board for Poland scoring 6 points in 9 games.
References[change | change source]
- "World Youth Chess Championships 2004".
- http://mzszach.l.pl/online/cracovia2004/index.html Archived 2012-03-06 at the Wayback Machine Cracovia Open 2004], Cracovia Open 2004 from chessbase.com
- Polish chess championship 2005 from chessbase.com (in German)
- "OlimpBase :: Men's Chess Olympiads :: Radosław Wojtaszek". www.olimpbase.org. Archived from the original on 2021-07-26. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "World Championship Picture Gallery of the final day". Chess News. 30 October 2008.
- "VIII Międzynarodowy Turniej Szachowy Amplico AIG Life". www.archiwum.poloniachess.pl. Archived from the original on 2019-03-12. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- Crowther, Mark (2010-01-05). "39th Rilton Cup 2009-10". Chess.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2012-03-18. Retrieved 7 January 2010.
- "WCH G12: Anand beats Topalov, retains world title | ChessVibes". Archived from the original on 2012-08-15. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "www.festiwalszachowy.eu". Archived from the original on 2012-03-08. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Polonia Wroclaw Chess Festival | the Week in Chess". Archived from the original on 2012-04-01. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "4th AD San Juan International 2010 | the Week in Chess". Archived from the original on 2012-10-11. Retrieved 2011-01-03.