From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rate or rates may be:
- Rate (mathematics), a specific kind of ratio, in which two measurements are related to each other
- Rate of travel, or velocity
- Naval rating or rate, terms used to designate specialty or seniority of enlisted naval personnel.
- Rate of a ship, a term for a sail ship's firepower in the British Royal Navy
- Bit rate, number of bits that are processed per unit of time
- Rates, a Portuguese parish and town located in the municipality of Póvoa de Varzim
- In science and finance
- Rate function, a function used to put a number to the probabilities of a rare event
- Rates (tax), a type of taxation system used to fund local government
- Reaction rate in Chemistry
- Exchange rate, how much one currency is worth in terms of the other
- In human growth
- Birth rate, the childbirths per 1,000 people per year
- Mortality rate, a measure of the number of deaths in some population
- As an initialism
- Radioisotopes and the Age of the Earth, a project of creation geophysics
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.