Real tennis is the original racket sport from which the modern game of lawn tennis, or tennis, developed. It is also known as jeu de paume in France and as "court tennis" in some parts of United States.
Real tennis is still played at a small number of active courts in the United Kingdom, Australia, the United States, and France. The sport is supported and governed by organizations around the world.
References[change | change source]
- Lord Aberdare (2001). The J.T. Faber Book of Tennis and Rackets. London: Quiller Press. ISBN 1-899163-62-X.
- Heiner Gillmeister (1997). Tennis: A Cultural History. London: Leicester University Press. ISBN 0-7185-0147-0.
- Roman Krznaric (2006). The First Beautiful Game: Stories of Obsession in Real Tennis. Oxford: Ronaldson Publications. ISBN 1-899804-13-7.
- Kathryn McNicoll (2006) "Real Tennis". UK: Shire Publications. ISBN 978 0 7478 06103 (Album 437).
- Julian Marshall (1878). The Annals of Tennis. Facsimile reprinted 1973 by Racquet Sports Information & Services, Inc.: Baltimore.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Real Tennis Online, financially supported and officially endorsed by the governing bodies of real tennis in Australia, France, the UK and the USA