Recipe for Hate
|Recipe for Hate|
|Studio album by Bad Religion|
|Released||September 21, 1993|
|Recorded||1993 at Westbeach Recorders, Hollywood, California|
|Bad Religion chronology|
Recipe for Hate is the seventh album by American punk rock band Bad Religion. It was released on the Californian independent record label Epitaph Records in 1993. It was released again on Atlantic Records after the band signed to that label.
Despite being released on a major label, Recipe for Hate initially received mixed reviews from music critics, who generally found it to be less impressive than Bad Religion's older albums, but it has gained a cult following in recent times. The album got the band's highest U.S. chart position to date, debuting at #14 on Billboard's Heatseekers chart, and scored the radio hits "American Jesus" and "Struck a Nerve".
Track listing[change | change source]
- "Recipe for Hate" (Graffin) - 2:02
- "Kerosene" (Gurewitz) - 2:41
- "American Jesus" (Gurewitz/Graffin) - 3:17
- "Portrait of Authority" (Graffin) - 2:44
- "Man With a Mission" (Gurewitz) - 3:11
- "All Good Soldiers" (Gurewitz) - 3:07
- "Watch It Die" (Graffin) - 2:34
- "Struck a Nerve" (Graffin) - 3:47
- "My Poor Friend Me" (Graffin) - 2:42
- "Lookin' In" (Graffin) - 2:03
- "Don't Pray on Me" (Gurewitz) - 2:42
- "Modern Day Catastrophists" (Graffin) - 2:46
- "Skyscraper" (Gurewitz) - 3:15
- "Stealth" (Bentley/Gurewitz/Schayer) - 0:42 (Hidden track)
- "Skyscraper" is misspelled as "Sky Skraper" on the CD, but spelled correctly on the back cover and in the booklet.
Personnel[change | change source]
- Greg Graffin – vocals
- Brett Gurewitz – guitar, backing vocals
- Greg Hetson – guitar
- Jay Bentley – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Bobby Schayer – drums
- Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam – guest vocals on "American Jesus" and "Watch It Die"
- Johnette Napolitano of Concrete Blonde – guest vocals on "Struck A Nerve"
- John Wahl – guitar on "Kerosene"
- Chris Bagarozzi – guitar on "Kerosene"
- Greg Leisz - Slide guitar on "Man With a Mission"
- Joe Peccerillo - Lead guitar on "All Good Soldiers", assistant engineering
- Paul Dugre - engineering
- Donnell Cameron - engineering
- Scott Stillman - assistant engineering
- Alison Dyer - photography
- Doug Sax – mastering
- Frederico Carlo mel Hidalgo – art direction