Reformist Movement is an alliance of two French-speaking and one German- speaking right- wing and centre-right political parties in Belgium. The Mouvement Réformateur is a member of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe (ALDE) and the Liberal International.
MR was formed on March 24, 2002 by the merger of four existing parties:
- the then PRL (Parti réformateur libéral), the francophone liberals
- the FDF (Fédéralistes Démocrates Francophones);
- the MCC (Mouvement des Citoyens pour le Changement), a movement torn off from the PSC (Parti social Chrétien) around Gérard Deprez ;
- the PFF (Partei für Freiheit und Fortschritt), the sister party of the then PRL in the German-speaking area.
References[change | change source]
- "Accueil". MR (in French). Retrieved 2022-11-23.