|Starring||J. G. Quintel|
Janie Haddad Tompkins
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||8|
|No. of episodes||261 (list of episodes)|
|Original network||Cartoon Network|
|First shown in||November 6, 2006 – December 21, 2008|
|Original release||September 6, 2010 –|
January 16, 2017
Regular Show is an Emmy Award-winning animated television series. It was created by J.G. Quintel. It was first broadcast on September 6, 2010, and was broadcast for the last time on December 29, 2017. The eighth and final season of the show was branded under the title Regular Show in Space. The series is about two friends named Mordecai and Rigby. Mordecai is a 10-year-old blue jay, and Rigby is a 10-year-old brown raccoon. They are also groundskeepers at a park.
Regular Show is rated TV-PG and TV-PG-V. Two episodes were rated TV-Y7-FV. One episode was rated TV-PG-D. It's aimed at 10-18-year-olds. It has some mild profanity and mature subject matter.
In 2012, the show won an Emmy Award for "Outstanding Short-Format Animated Program". It was also nominated for that award in 2011.
Plot[change | change source]
The series focuses on two best friends, Mordecai, a blue jay, and Rigby, a brown raccoon. Mordecai and Rigby work as groundskeepers and as they attempt to keep their jobs, which is being threatened by Benson, their boss. In the series, Mordecai is in love with Margaret, a red robin. But started a relationship with CJ after accidentally thinking that Margaret is engaged. And Rigby has a crush on Eileen, a brown mole, which is still uncertain.
Cast[change | change source]
Main[change | change source]
- High Five Ghost (who has a person with a 1987?-present microphone voice and sounds like Mordecai)
- Mitchell "Muscle Man" Sorenstein (who's bad and has a girlfriend and wife named Starla)
- Benson Dunwoody (who has a angry personality and is Mordecai and Rigby's boss)
- Skips (formerly Walks) Quippenger (who helps Mordecai and Rigby in many problems)
- Pops (who is sensitive and uses lollipops for money)
- Margaret Smith (who is Mordecai's first love and friend)
- Eileen Roberts (who is Rigby's uncertain love and is a geek)
Minor[change | change source]
- Chad (who looks like Rigby)
- Dr. Henry (Pops' Uncle)
- Quinten Q. "Quips" Quippinger (Skips's cousin)
- Don (who's Rigby's brother) (voiced by William Salyers)
- William (Mordecai's father) (voiced by J. G. Quintel)
- Jeremy (who looks like Mordecai) (voiced by Roger Craig Smith)
- Benson's Parents and Sister (rivals of each other who hate and argued with each other about elbows and talking back and were stopped from fighting by Benson in the episode "Think Possitive" and "The Thanksgiving Special")
References[change | change source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Regular Show". Emmys.com. Retrieved 5 June 2013.