Life[change | change source]
Sonaiya was born in Ibadan, Oyo State, South-Western Nigeria where she had her early education. She is a graduate of French from Obafemi Awolowo University, Oyo State in 1977. She also holds a Master of Arts degree in French Literature and a Ph.D in Linguistics from Cornell University, U.S.A.
In 1982, she got employed as Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Foreign Languages, Obafemi Awolowo University before she rose to the position of Professor of French language and Applied Linguistics in 2004.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Nigeria's first female presidential candidate done with 'cheerleading'". Vanguard News. 18 March 2015. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- McBain, Will (March 26, 2015). "Nigeria election: The country's first-ever female presidential candidate hoping to inspire other women to become politically active". The Independent. Retrieved July 17, 2016.
- "Exclusive Interview With Professor Remi Sonaiya, KOWA Candidate For President of Nigeria". Sahara Reporters. February 7, 2015. Retrieved July 17, 2016.
- "Summary of Results" (PDF). Independent National Electoral Commission. p. 1. Archived from the original (PDF) on 29 March 2017. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Soyinka receives Presidential Candidate, Remi Sonaiya, in Lagos". Premium Times. 26 March 2015. Retrieved 24 July 2016.