|Born||9 April 1933|
|Died||20 October 2014 (aged 81)|
René Burri (9 April 1933 – 20 October 2014) was a Swiss photographer. He was known for his photos of major political, historical and cultural events and key figures of the second half of the 20th century.
Burri worked for Magnum Photos. He has been photographing political, military and artistic figures and scenes since 1946. He made portraits of Che Guevara and Pablo Picasso as well as iconic pictures of São Paulo and Brasília.
Burri died from a long illness at his home in Zurich, aged 81.
References[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
- René Burri Biography
- Magnum Photos profile of Burri
- A René Burri portfolio from Le Monde
- Audio interview with René Burri
- Ingrid, Che and Rene Burri - slideshow by The First Post
- Photographer René Burri's Best Shot by Andrew Pulver, The Guardian
- René Burri Retrospective at the Kunsthal, Rotterdam - images and video
- René Burri on The Brander - Creators of Brands
- Rene Burri in colour, BBC News