|Prime Minister of Slovenia|
|Assumed office |
1 June 2022
|Preceded by||Janez Janša|
|Leader of the Freedom Movement Party|
|Assumed office |
26 January 2022
|Deputy||Urška Klakočar Zupančič|
|Preceded by||Jure Leben|
|Born||23 January 1967|
Šempeter pri Gorici, SR Slovenia, SFR Yugoslavia
|Political party||Freedom Movement|
|Positive Slovenia (2011–2013)|
Alenka Bratušek (2013–2022)
|Alma mater||University of Ljubljana|
Robert Golob (born 23 January 1967) is a Slovenian businessman and politician who is the Prime Minister of Slovenia since 2022. Before becoming a politician, he was an environmental businessman and co-founded GEN-I.
Early life[change | change source]
Business career[change | change source]
Political career[change | change source]
Between May 1999 and June 2000, Golob was the State Secretary at the Ministry of Economic Affairs. In 2002, he was elected to the City Council of Nova Gorica.
In January 2022, he ran for the president of a non-parliamentary green party Z.Dej. The party won the most votes and seats of any party in the 2022 parliamentary election in April. Two months later on 1 June 2022, he became the Prime Minister.
References[change | change source]
- "CONOR.SI – normativna datoteka osebnih in korporativnih imen :: COBISS+".
- "Assoc. Prof. Robert Golob, PhD. President of Management Board, GEN-I d.o.o." University of Ljubljana Faculty of Engineering. Retrieved April 27, 2022.
- "Preskočil razred, skočil na čelo države". Primorske novice. April 25, 2022. Retrieved April 27, 2022.
- "prof. dr. Robert Golob". Laboratorij za energetske strategije.
- "Dr Robert Golob - Chairman GEN-I". Business Investor Guide.
- "Vsak dan prvi - 24ur.com". www.24ur.com.
- "Robert Golob elected new head of renamed green party". The Slovenia Times. 26 January 2022.
- "Po 99 odstotkih preštetih glasov zmaga Gibanja Svoboda, v DZ-ju le pet strank". RTVSLO.si (in Slovenian). Retrieved 2022-04-24.
- "Golob announces energy price regulation when new govt takes office". Slovenian Times. May 10, 2022. Retrieved May 12, 2022.