Rock Band 2
|Rock Band 2|
|Developer(s)||Harmonix (Xbox 360/PS3)
Pi Studios (PS2/Wii)
NA September 14, 2008
EU October 19, 2008 (Bundle)
EU November 21, 2008
Rock Band 2 is an interactive music game by Harmonix. It is a sequel to the game Rock Band. To play the game, players use a microphone to sing or a controller to hit notes on the screen. Players get points by hitting the right notes at the right time. Earning points can help a player earn stars, which show how well a player performed the song. If a player misses too many notes or hits too many of the wrong notes, they fail out of the song. It has a quickplay mode and a world tour mode.
In quickplay mode, players choose songs from a list to play. In world tour mode, players can play songs in venues (public places) in cities around the world. Rock Band 2 also has a practice mode, where players can play a song without failing out of it. Players can choose one of four skill levels to play. The skill levels are Easy, Medium, Hard, and Expert.The songs in Rock Band 2 are sorted by how hard they are to play. Zero dots means the song is one of the easiest to play, and five red dots means that the song is one of the hardest. Players can play solo (by themselves) or with other people.
References[change | change source]
- Teasdale, Dan (2008-06-30). "Let There be Rock Band 2!". Harmonix. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
- Goldstein, Hilary (2008-06-30). "Rock Band 2 in September". IGN. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
- Bramwell, Tom (2008-10-29). "Rock Band 2 EU Xbox Release". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2008-10-29.
- "IGN: Rock Band 2: Special Edition (Rock Band 2 Bundle)". IGN. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- Walton, Mark (2009-02-27). "Rock Band 2 hits UK PS3s in March; Wii in April". Gamespot. Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- "RB2 Wii and PS2 Release Information". Harmonix. 2008-12-12. Retrieved 2008-12-12.