Rees in 2004
|Died||10 July 2015 (aged 71)|
|Resting place||Cremated; ashes scattered in the Atlantic Ocean|
Rick Elice (m. 2011)
Roger Rees (5 May 1944 – 11 July 2015) was a Welsh-American actor. He was known for his stage work. He won an Olivier Award and a Tony Award for his performance as the lead in The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby.
Rees was born in Aberystwyth, Wales. Rees became a naturalised United States citizen in 1989. He converted to Judaism in the 1980s. Rees was married to his husband, writer/producer Rick Elice, from 2011 until Rees' death.
References[change | change source]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-11-07. Retrieved 2015-07-11.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "How 'Peter and the Starcatcher' took flight - The Ticket". Jewish Journal.
- "Roger Rees ramps up What You Will". theaterdogs.net.
- "Roger Rees Tests His 'Will' Shakespearean Roles Don't Define the Actor, but He's Clearly Bard-Wired" by Peter Marks The Washington Post Sunday, 25 March 2007
- Michael Schulman (4 June 2012). "Backstory". The New Yorker.
- Barnes, Mike (10 July 2015). "Roger Rees, Star of 'The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby,' Dies at 71". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 11 July 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)