Henry Ross Perot (born June 27, 1930) is an American businessman. He founded Electronic Data Systems in 1962. He is also known for running for president in 1992 and in 1996. Both times he lost to Bill Clinton. Perot has about 3.5 billion dollars. In 2012, he is ranked by Forbes as the 101st-richest person in the United States.
Perot was born on June 27, 1930 in Texarkana, Texas. He studied at Texas High School, at Texarkana Junior College and at the United States Naval Academy. Perot married Margot Birmingham in 1956. They have five children and 16 grandchildren. In 2012, Perot endorsed Mitt Romney for President.
References[change | change source]
- "Henry Ross Perot – Forbes". Forbes.com. March 9, 2011. http://www.forbes.com/profile/henry-ross-perot-sr. Retrieved May 16, 2011.
- "The Ancestors of Ross Perot". Wargs.com. http://www.wargs.com/political/perot.html. Retrieved 2010-06-13.
- Dinan, Stephen. "Ross Perot endorses Mitt Romney". The Washington Times. http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/oct/16/ross-perot-endorses-mitt-romney/. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Ross Perot|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Ross Perot|
- United We Stand, H. Ross Perot; text of the book published by Perot in 1992 to mark the launch of his Presidential campaign, complete with charts. The text is hosted by the site of the organization he created that year United We Stand America, as saved by The Internet Archive.
- Booknotes interview with Carolyn Barta on Perot and His People: Disrupting the Balance of Political Power, January 16, 1994.
- "Ross Perot, Presidential Contender" from C-SPAN's The Contenders