Rugby is played with an oval-shaped ball. But when rugby started, in 1823, it was played with a football. A pupil at rugby school in England picked up the ball and ran with it. A new game was born. Today, rugby is a fast, exciting sport. Players run with the ball. They pass or kick it until they score a "try" by touching it down behind the other team's goal line. The two main kinds of rugby are called union and league.
Rugby could mean:
The sport of rugby football, which may be played in many different forms or ways:
- Rugby union - (often referred to as Rugby or Union)
- Rugby sevens - (often referred to as Sevens)
- Rugby league football - (often referred to as League)
- Touch rugby - (often referred to as Touch)
- Wheelchair rugby
- Tag Rugby
- Rugby coaching
- Rugby, Warwickshire, England, UK
- Rugby, New South Wales, a small town in Australia
- Rugby, Cape Town, South Africa
- Rugby, North Dakota,USA
- Rugby, Tennessee, USA
- Rugby, Brooklyn, USA
- Rugby Park, Scotland (Kilmarnock FC's stadium)
- Rugby Park Stadium, rugby stadium in New Zealand
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.