Ruislip is a suburb on the northwest side of Greater London. It was in Middlesex until that county was abolished in 1965. It owes its present population to the Metropolitan Railway, built early in the 20th century. After that was built many Londoners moved out to places along the line.
Ruislip is now served by five stations on the London Underground network. These are:
- Ruislip: Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines
- Ruislip Manor: Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines
- South Ruislip: Central line
- West Ruislip: Central line
- Ruislip Gardens: Central line
Ruislip Lido is well known in the area. It has a small railway line that runs between two stations around the lake as well as a small beach that hosts some children's play equipment.