Russian Academy of Sciences
|Russian Academy of Sciences|
the Russian Academy of Sciences building in Moscow
The Russian Academy of Sciences (Russian: Российская академия наук, shortened to Russian: РАН, RAN) consists of the national academy of Russia and a network of scientific research institutes from across the country. It also includes other scientific and social groups like libraries, publishing units and hospitals.
There are two types of membership in the academy. The top-level members are academicians (776 scientists, as of spring 2016). The next-level members are corresponding members (1024 scientists). There are also professors of RAN (493 scientists) associated with the RAN. To be elected to the Academy is a great honor for any researcher. The next elections are planned for autumn 2016.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Russian Academy of Sciences|
- RAS website
- Website of RAS management
- RAS Institutes in the Ranking Web of Research Centers
- Russian Space Science Internet Network
- Open letter to the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir V. Putin from the Members of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Satellite photo of the RAS Main Building
- Satellite photo of the RAS Old Building