Russian Academy of Sciences
the Russian Academy of Sciences building in Moscow
|Alexander Sergeev |
(since September 27, 2017)
The Russian Academy of Sciences (Russian: Российская академия наук, shortened to Russian: РАН, RAN) consists of the national academy of Russia and a network of scientific research institutes from across the country. It also includes other scientific and social groups like libraries, publishing units and hospitals.
Like the French Academy of Sciences and unlike The Royal Society in Britain, the Russian Academy of Sciences has two types of membership. The top-level members are academicians (898 scientists, as of mid-November 2019). The next-level members are corresponding members (1144 scientists). There are also professors of the RAN (605 scientists). 3 professors became academicians and 104 professors became corresponding members. These are now counted twice: as professors and as members. The last elections were organized in November 2019. To be elected to the Academy is a great honor for any researcher.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Russian Academy of Sciences.|
- RAS website
- Website of RAS management
- RAS Institutes in the Ranking Web of Research Centers
- Russian Space Science Internet Network
- Open letter to the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir V. Putin from the Members of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Satellite photo of the RAS Main Building
- Satellite photo of the RAS Old Building