Dee in the early 1960s
April 23, 1944
|Died||February 20, 2005 (aged 62)|
|Cause of death||Kidney disease|
|Resting place||Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery, Hollywood Hills|
Bobby Darin (m. 1960–1967); divorced; 1 child
Alexandra Zuck, later known as Sandra Dee (April 23, 1944 – February 23, 2005), was an American actress. She began with modeling and later progressed into movies. Dee received a Golden Globe Award in 1959. During the early 1960s her movies were popular, but in the late 1960s her acting career began declining.
References[change | change source]
- Kehr, Dave (2005-02-20). "Sandra Dee, 'Gidget' Star and Teenage Idol, Dies at 62". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-09-02.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sandra Dee.|
- Sandra Dee on IMDb
- Sandra Dee at the TCM Movie Database
- Sandra Dee at Find a Grave
- "Biography of Sandra Dee". biography.com. Biography.
- Merkin, Daphne (December 25, 2005). "Gidget Doesn't Live Here Anymore". The New York Times. Retrieved May 23, 2010.
- Sandra Dee (March 18, 1991). "Learning to Live Again: A Former Teen Queen Shakes Free of Her Humiliating Past to End Years of Self-Hate and Loneliness". people.com. 35 (10). People Magazine. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- "The Golden Years website". thegoldenyears.org.