|Born||December 7, 1979
Eureka, California, U.S.
Sara Bareilles pronounced /bəˈrɛlɪs/ (born December 7, 1979) is an American musician, singer-songwriter and pianist. She is well known for her song "Love Song" (2007). "Love Song" comes from her first important album, Little Voice (2007). "Bottle It Up" (2008) is Bareilles' second single, which also comes from Little Voice. Although Little Voice is her first popular album, Bareilles released the album Careful Confessions in 2004. It is technically her very first album, although it wasn't popular like Little Voice. Sara sings in the contralto range, but sometimes can reach to the mezzo-soprano range.
Early life[change | change source]
Bareilles was born and raised in Eureka, California. Her mother is Bonnie Halvorsen (née Capellas), a funeral home worker. Her father is Paul Bareilles, an insurance adjuster. Bareilles has Italian, German, Portuguese, and French descent. Bareilles was raised as a Catholic. She participated in the high school choir, Limited Edition, and local community theater musical productions, including her high school's production of Little Shop of Horrors as Audrey.
Career[change | change source]
When Careful Confessions was released, Bareilles still performed at small concerts, and did not get national recognition. However, she made a music video for her song "Fairytale" in 2005.
Little Voice was released July 3, 2007. That summer, iTunes released "Love Song" as a free single of the week. It quickly became popular and gained a lot of airplay.
On October 22, 2013 Bareilles released Brave Enough: Live at the Variety Playhouse, her second live album.
In December 2013 The Blessed Unrest was nominated for Album of the Year at the 2014 Grammy Awards.
Albums[change | change source]
- Careful Confessions (2004)
- Little Voice (2007)
- Kaleidoscope Heart (2010)
- The Blessed Unrest (2013)
References[change | change source]
- Sara Bareilles does music for love Newstimes.com.
- October 7, 2011 AT 1:44PM (October 7, 2011). "25 Things You Don't Know About Me: Sara Bareilles". UsMagazine.com. http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/25-things-you-dont-know-about-me-sara-bareilles-2011710. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- Stevenson, Jane (February 27, 2009). "The Church Of The Redeemer, Toronto - February 27, 2009". Jam!. http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/B/Bareilles_Sara/ConcertReviews/2009/02/28/8568531-sun.html. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- "biography". Askmen.com. http://www.askmen.com/women/singer_300/397c_sara_bareilles.html. Retrieved December 5, 2013.