Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: scale.|
Scale could mean:
- Weighing scale Weighing scale used for measurement of weight (mass or force)
- Scale (map)
- Scale (ratio)
- Scalability in computing
- Scale (zoology)
- Zoology: Scale insect, plant parasites which resemble animal scales
- Scale parameter, probability and statistics
- Logarithmic scale, mathematics
- Order of magnitude
- Architect's scale — (or draughtsman's scale) is a ruler-like device, which facilitates the production of technical drawings.
- Engineer's scale
- Zadok scale cereal development
- Screen Actors Guild wage standards
- Scale or Balance (In Urdu: Mizan or ميزان) is a comprehensive treatise on the contents of Islam written by Javed Ahmed Ghamidi, a Pakistani Sunni Islamic scholar.
Astronomy[change | change source]
- Palermo Technical Impact Hazard Scale
- Torino Scale
- Solar flare energy intensity
- The constellation Libra (Latin for scale) and the zodiac sign Libra (astrology)
Scale (education): scale of enrollment
Chemistry and physics[change | change source]
Electronegativity[change | change source]
Radiodensity[change | change source]
- The Hounsfield Scale is a linear transformation of the original linear attenuation coefficient measurement into one in which the radio-density of distilled water at standard pressure and temperature (STP) is defined as zero Hounsfield units (HU), while the radiodensity of air at STP is defined as -1000 HU.
Relative density or specific gravity[change | change source]
- The Baumé scale measures specific gravity or relative density.
- Brix scale / Degrees Brix (symbol °Bx) is the sugar content of an aqueous solution. One degree Brix is 1 gram of sucrose in 100 grams of solution and represents the strength of the solution as percentage by mass.
- Plato scale
- Twaddell scale
Temperature[change | change source]
Earth science[change | change source]
- Beaufort scale (wind)
- Fujita scale (tornadoes)
- Mohs scale of mineral hardness
- Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale
- Okta (cloud cover) - a unit of measurement used to describe the amount of cloud cover at any given location such as a weather station. Sky conditions are estimated in terms of how many eighths of the sky are covered in cloud, ranging from 0 oktas (completely clear sky) through to 8 oktas (completely overcast).
Economics[change | change source]
Music[change | change source]
- Scale (music)
- Scale (string instruments)
- Scale, an album by electronic artist Matthew Herbert
Scale models[change | change source]
Social science[change | change source]
- Kinsey scale, sexual orientation (Klein scale is more detailed but not yet as well known)
- Likert scale, questionnaire format
- Phrase completion scales, questionnaire format
Miscellaneous[change | change source]
- The Goldberg scale measures mania and depression.
- The Liebowitz social anxiety scale measures the severity of social anxiety disorder.
- The Medvedev-Sponheuer-Karnik scale and the Mercalli scale measure the intensity of earthquakes.
- The Mohs scale of mineral hardness characterizes the scratch resistance of various minerals.
- The Richter scale, a mathematical device to compare the size of earthquakes.
- The Scoville Scale measures the hotness of peppers.
- The Linke Scale measures the blueness of the sky. It is simply a set of eight cards are numbered 2 to 16, the odd numbers to be used by the observer if he judges the sky color to lie between any of the given shades. Also called blue-sky scale.
- The Apgar Scale is determined by evaluating the newborn baby on five simple criteria on a scale from zero to two, then summing up the five values thus obtained. The resulting Apgar score ranges from zero to 10. The five criteria are summarized using words chosen to form a backronym (Appearance, Pulse, Grimace, Activity, Respiration).
| This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.