From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: scale.|
Scale could mean:
- Weighing scale Weighing scale used for measurement of weight (mass or force)
- Scale (map)
- Scale (ratio)
- Scalability in computing
- Scale (zoology)
- Zoology: Scale insect, plant parasites which resemble animal scales
- Scale parameter, probability and statistics
- Logarithmic scale, mathematics
- Order of magnitude
- Architect's scale — (or draughtsman's scale) is a ruler-like device, which facilitates the production of technical drawings.
- Engineer's scale
- Zadok scale cereal development
- Screen Actors Guild wage standards
- Scale or Balance (In Urdu: Mizan or ميزان) is a comprehensive treatise on the contents of Islam written by Javed Ahmed Ghamidi, a Pakistani Sunni Islamic scholar.
Astronomy[change | change source]
- Palermo Technical Impact Hazard Scale
- Torino Scale
- Solar flare energy intensity
- The constellation Libra (Latin for scale) and the zodiac sign Libra (astrology)
Scale (education): scale of enrollment
Chemistry and physics[change | change source]
Electronegativity[change | change source]
Radiodensity[change | change source]
Relative density or specific gravity[change | change source]
- The Baumé scale measures specific gravity or relative density.
- Brix scale
- Plato scale
- Twaddell scale
Temperature[change | change source]
Earth science[change | change source]
- Beaufort scale (wind)
- Fujita scale (tornadoes)
- Mohs scale of mineral hardness
- Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale
Economics[change | change source]
Music[change | change source]
- Scale (music)
- Scale (string instruments)
- Scale, an album by electronic artist Matthew Herbert
Scale models[change | change source]
Social science[change | change source]
- Kinsey scale, sexual orientation (Klein scale is more detailed but not yet as well known)
- Likert scale, questionnaire format
- Phrase completion scales, questionnaire format
Miscellaneous[change | change source]
- The Goldberg scale measures mania and depression.
- The Liebowitz social anxiety scale measures the severity of social anxiety disorder.
- The Medvedev-Sponheuer-Karnik scale and the Mercalli scale measure the intensity of earthquakes.
- The Mohs scale of mineral hardness characterizes the scratch resistance of various minerals.
- The Richter scale, a mathematical device to compare the size of earthquakes.
- The Scoville Scale measures the hotness of peppers.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.