The shamisen or samisen (Japanese: 三味線, literally "three taste strings"), also called sangen (literally "three strings") is a Japanese musical instrument with three strings, that is played with a big plectrum called a bachi. The pronunciation in Japanese is usually "shamisen".
Other websites[change | change source]
- Buy shamisen and other traditional Japanese instruments
- God of Shamisen is a progressive/metal band that has implemented the acoustic and amplified sound of the tsugaru-jamisen.
- About the shamisen Archived 2006-05-03 at the Wayback Machine
- Buy shamisens and shamisen accessories Archived 2021-01-14 at the Wayback Machine
Audio[change | change source]
- Play with a shamisen
- Listen to a shamisen (in modern times)
- Listen to arrangements with shamisen of nagauta pieces Kokaji, Tsurukame, Echigo Jishi and Musume Dojoji Archived 2006-04-26 at the Wayback Machine
Video[change | change source]
- Shamisen Player - Public Performance #2 Archived 2007-08-24 at the Wayback Machine
- Shamisen Player - Public Performance Archived 2007-08-22 at the Wayback Machine