Shorthand or stenography is a way of writing. Shorthand systems allow people to write much faster. Shorthand systems have been in use since antiquity. Now, they are not used as much, because there are dictation machines to record voices.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Shorthand Untangled - A site dealing with the skills of shorthand, with lots of learning and practice material
- Teeline Online - Learn Teeline Shorthand in your own time - online and offline lessons, exercises, assignments, shortcuts - all you need to either refresh or start from scratch
- A full description in English of the Dutch shorthand system Groote
- A complete Dutch book from 1925 about system Groote
- A downloadable Teeline book (MSWord), written for journalists in particular (see Teeline)
- Dictation disc samples for free download
- AgiliWriting - an alphabetic shorthand
- Alpha, the Easy Alphabetic Shorthand
- Handywrite, a phonetic shorthand system
- Keyscript is a fully alphabetical shorthand based on Pitman's. It saves 60% of writing
- Sound writing - a learning resource from the British Library
- The Shorthand Place - includes chronological list of shorthand systems
- The Louis A. Leslie Collection of Historical Shorthand Materials.
- The Shorthand World and Imperial Typist magazine vol. 1 and vol. 5 available on Google Books