|Directed by||Sylvain White|
|Written by||David Birke|
|Based on||Slender Man|
by Eric Knudsen
|Produced by||David Carrico|
J. C. Chandor
|Starring||Lea van Acken|
Julia Goldani Telles
|Cinematography||Luca Del Puppo|
|Edited by||Jake York|
|Music by||Ramin Djawadi|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Releasing|
|August 10, 2018|
|Box office||$48.9 million|
Slender Man is a 2018 American supernatural horror movie directed by Sylvain White. The movie stars Lea van Acken, Julia Goldani Telles, Jaz Sinclair, Annalise Basso, and Javier Botet. It was released by Sony Pictures Releasing on August 10, 2018.
Premise[change | change source]
In a small town in Massachusetts, a group of friends, fascinated by the internet lore of the Slender Man, attempt to prove that he doesn't actually exist - until one of them mysteriously goes missing.
Cast[change | change source]
- Julia Goldani Telles as Hallie
- Lea van Acken as Elise
- Jaz Sinclair as Chloe
- Annalise Basso as Katie Jensen
- Javier Botet as Slender Man
Release[change | change source]
The movie was released on August 10, 2018, by Sony Pictures Releasing.
Reception[change | change source]
Critical response[change | change source]
On Rotten Tomatoes, the movie holds an approval rating of 7% based on 58 critic reviews with an average rating of 3.3/10. The critical consensus reads "Slender Man might be thin, but he's positively robust compared to the flimsy assortment of scares generated by the would-be chiller that bears his name". On Metacritic, the movie has a weighted average score of 30 out of 100 based on 15 critics indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".
Rendy Jones of Rendy Reviews scored the film a 1/5 and stated "Belated, dull, and devoid of any value as a horror movie and lacking connection to the source material, Slender Man is six years too late of a release".
Daily Dead writer Heather Wixson scored the film a 3/5 and said that "In terms of creating a creepy and unsettling movie for those who have been enthralled by the Slender Man character over the last few years, White delivers in that department". IGN writer David Griffin gave the film a 6.5/10 and said "If the story behind this chilling internet creation could have matched the quality of those aforementioned strong points, Sony would have a real horror gem on their hands".
References[change | change source]
- "Slender Man (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved September 23, 2018.
- "Slender Man Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved September 23, 2018.
- Jones, Rendy (August 10, 2018). "Slender Man Review". Rendy Reviews. Retrieved September 23, 2018.[permanent dead link]
- Wixson, Heather (August 9, 2018). "Review: SLENDER MAN Summons the Internet's Boogeyman to the Big Screen for Teen-Centric Scares". Daily Dead. Retrieved September 23, 2018.
- Griffin, David (August 9, 2018). "Slender Man Review". IGN. Retrieved September 23, 2018.