|Format||Sketch comedy, Variety|
|Created by||Steve Marmel|
|Developed by||Michael Feldman|
Brandon Mychal Smith
Allisyn Ashley Arm
|Theme music composer||Ali Dee Theodore,
Julian Michael Davis
& Jason Gleed
|Opening theme||"So Random!", performed by Brandon Mychal Smith|
|Ending theme||"So Random!" (short version)|
|Composer(s)||Chris Alan Lee&
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Steve Marmel
Sharla Sumpter Bridgett
|Location(s)||Hollywood Center Studios
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Varsity Pictures
It's a Laugh Productions
Disney Channel Original Productions
|Distributor||Disney-ABC Domestic Television|
|Original channel||Disney Channel|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|First shown in||United States|
|Original run||June 5, 2011– March 25, 2012|
|Preceded by||Sonny with a Chance|
So Random! is an American television series on the Disney Channel. It is a musical sketch comedy that first began on June 5, 2011. It was announced as an independent series after Demi Lovato left the parent series, Sonny with a Chance. The series features the actors who acted in Sonny with a Chance, except for Lovato: Tiffany Thornton, Sterling Knight, Brandon Mychal Smith, Doug Brochu, and Allisyn Ashley Arm along with other featured actors who recur in the series. The series premiere was watched by 4.1 million viewers. The series only went for one season.
Cast[change | change source]
Main cast[change | change source]
All of the main cast of So Random! came from its parent series, Sonny with a Chance.
- Tiffany Thornton as Tawni Hart
- Sterling Knight as Chad Dylan Cooper
- Brandon Mychal Smith as Nico Harris
- Doug Brochu as Grady Mitchell
- Allisyn Ashley Arm as Zora Lancaster
Recurring characters[change | change source]
- Matthew Scott Montgomery as Matthew Bailey
- Shayne Topp as Shayne Zabo
- Damien Haas as Damien Johanssen
- Bridget Shergalis as Bridget Cook
- Audrey Whitby as Audrey Vale
- Coco Jones as Coco Blue
- Grace Bannon as Grace Wetzel
References[change | change source]
- The Walt Disney Company (May 16, 2011). "The Tween Comedy Series "So Random!", First Made Popular In "Sonny with a Chance", Begins To Air Sunday, June 5 (8:30 P.M., ET/PT) On Disney Channel" (DOC). Press release. http://www.disneychannelmedianet.com/DNR/2011/SR_051711.doc. Retrieved May 22, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill. "Disney's Debut of "So Random!" is TV's No. 1 Telecast in Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved June 9, 2011.
- clevverTV (May 1, 2012). "Tiffany Thornton Talks "So Random!" Memories - Selena Gomez, Helmet Ninjas". YouTube. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- "So Random!". Disney Channel Medianet. Retrieved June 11, 2011.