|Politburo Standing Committee member of the Communist Party of China|
June 1989 – September 1992
|General Secretary||Jiang Zemin|
|Head of the Organization Department of the Communist Party of China|
June 1987 – December 1989
|General Secretary||Zhao Ziyang|
|Preceded by||Wei Jianxing|
|Succeeded by||Lu Feng|
|State councillor of the State Council|
June 1983 – April 1988
|Born||source?]24 April 1917 [|
Ju County, Shandong, China
|Political party||Communist Party of China|
|Spouse(s)||Chen Shunyao (陈舜瑶)|
|Children||Song Yichang (宋宜昌)|
Song Ping (Chinese: 宋平; pinyin: Sòng Píng; born 24 April 1917) is a Chinese Communist revolutionary. He is a retired high-ranking politician. He was a member of the CPC Politburo Standing Committee. He is thought to be the only living member of the Second Generation of Chinese Leadership.
References[change | change source]
- "Who's Hu? Meet this engineer-Prez". IBNLive. IBNLive.com. November 20, 2006. Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- Thomson, Robert (June 24, 1987). "Beijing shuffle points to growing Cabinet intrigues". The Sydney Morning Herald. p. 18. Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- "Party to purge its ranks". The Sydney Morning Herald. p. 11. Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- Kristof, Nicholas D. (October 20, 1992). "CHINESE SHAKE UP TOP PARTY GROUP; FREE MARKET GAINS". New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- Staff (2017-04-22). "夜读：中共元老宋平百岁诞辰：资格最老、退休最久常委 : 八田与一铜像被砍 台南市长亲自写信向日本报告" (in Chinese). news.ifeng.com. Retrieved 2017-08-07.