Songs from the Superunknown
|Songs from the Superunknown|
|Released||November 21, 1995|
|Genre||Alternative rock, grunge|
|Producer||Michael Beinhorn, Brendan O'Brien, Soundgarden|
Overview[change | change source]
The EP is the audio-only counterpart to Alive in the Superunknown. "Jerry Garcia's Finger" is featured exclusively on Songs from the Superunknown.
The CD-ROM Alive in the Superunknown contains the first four tracks from Songs from the Superunknown plus a multimedia portion featuring photos of the band, a video game, four music videos ("My Wave", "Fell on Black Days", "Black Hole Sun", and "The Day I Tried to Live"), and a live video of "Kickstand", among other things.
Track listing[change | change source]
All songs written by Chris Cornell, except where noted:
- "Superunknown" (Cornell, Kim Thayil) – 5:06
- Released on the album Superunknown
- "Fell on Black Days" – 5:26
- An alternate version, it is the one used in the music video for the song.
- "She Likes Surprises" – 3:17
- Appeared on international versions of Superunknown
- "Like Suicide" (acoustic) – 6:11
- Performed acoustically and appeared on the "Black Hole Sun" single
- "Jerry Garcia's Finger" (Matt Cameron, Cornell, Ben Shepherd, Thayil) – 4:00
- Previously unreleased. Only available on Songs from the Superunknown.
Personnel[change | change source]
- Chris Cornell – vocals, guitar
- Kim Thayil – guitar
- Ben Shepherd – bass
- Matt Cameron – drums, percussion
- Michael Beinhorn, Brendan O'Brien, Soundgarden – production