Sri Chinmoy (August 27, 1931 – October 11, 2007) was a Bengali spiritual Master, poet, artist and athlete who immigrated to the U.S. in 1964. Sri Chinmoy wrote 1,500 books, 115,000 poems and 20,000 songs, created 200,000 paintings and gave almost 800 free peace concerts around the world.
World Harmony Run[change | change source]
Quotes[change | change source]
- "True religion has a universal quality. It does not find fault with other religions. [...] Forgiveness, compassion, tolerance, brotherhood and the feeling of oneness are the signs of a true religion."
References[change | change source]
- "Sri Chinmoy, Athletic Spiritual Leader, Dies at 76". New York Times. 2007-10-13. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- "Peace Institute Honors Chinmoy". Hinduism Today. 1994-2-1. Retrieved 2012-07-15. Check date values in:
- "World Harmony Run". Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- "What Has To Prevail In Religion—Reason, Or..." Retrieved 2012-07-15.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sri Chinmoy.|