Stanley Armour Dunham
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Stanley Armour Dunham|
|File:Stanley Armour Dunham.png
Stanley Dunham, 1947
March 23, 1918|
Wichita, Kansas, USA
|Died||February 8, 1992
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
|Buried at||Punchbowl National Cemetery, Honolulu, Hawaii|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1942–1945|
|Unit||1830th Ordnance Supply and Maintenance Company
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Relations||Madelyn Payne Dunham (spouse)
Stanley Ann Dunham (daughter)
Barack Obama (grandson)
Ralph Waldo Emerson Dunham, Sr. and Ruth Lucille Armour (parents)
Stanley Armour Dunham (March 23, 1918 – February 8, 1992) was the maternal grandfather of U.S. President Barack Obama. He and his wife Madelyn Payne Dunham raised Obama from the age of 10 in Honolulu, Hawaii.
References[change | change source]
- Powell, Kimberly. "Ancestry of Barack Obama - Fourth Generation". About.com. http://genealogy.about.com/od/aframertrees/p/obama_two.htm. Retrieved March 19, 2008.
- Scott, Janny (March 14, 2008). "A free-spirited wanderer who set Obama’s path". The New York Times: p. A1. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/14/us/politics/14obama.html?pagewanted=all. Retrieved February 13, 2009.
- "Obama had Multiethnic Existence in Hawaii:". February 6, 2007. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17003563/. Retrieved February 9, 2008.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikinews has news related to this article: Grandmother of Barack Obama dies at 86|
- "Family precedent: Obama's grandmother blazed trails'" USA Today, April 8, 2008
- "Remembering Madelyn Dunham" Honolulu Advertiser, November 15, 2008, includes photo gallery and memorial service video