Stanley Armour Dunham
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Stanley Armour Dunham|
|Born||March 23, 1918|
Wichita, Kansas, USA
|Died||February 8, 1992 (aged 73)|
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
|Buried at||Punchbowl National Cemetery, Honolulu, Hawaii|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1942–1945|
|Unit||1830th Ordnance Supply and Maintenance Company|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Relations||Madelyn Payne Dunham (spouse)|
Stanley Ann Dunham (daughter)
Barack Obama (grandson)
Ralph Waldo Emerson Dunham, Sr. and Ruth Lucille Armour (parents)
Stanley Armour Dunham (March 23, 1918 – February 8, 1992) was the maternal grandfather of U.S. President Barack Obama. He and his wife Madelyn Payne Dunham raised Obama from the age of 10 in Honolulu, Hawaii.
References[change | change source]
- Powell, Kimberly. "Ancestry of Barack Obama - Fourth Generation". About.com. Retrieved March 19, 2008.
- Scott, Janny (March 14, 2008). "A free-spirited wanderer who set Obama's path". The New York Times. p. A1. Retrieved February 13, 2009.
- "Obama had Multiethnic Existence in Hawaii:". February 6, 2007. Retrieved February 9, 2008.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikinews has news related to this article: Grandmother of Barack Obama dies at 86|
- "Family precedent: Obama's grandmother blazed trails'" USA Today, April 8, 2008
- "Remembering Madelyn Dunham" Honolulu Advertiser, November 15, 2008, includes photo gallery and memorial service video